The Adirondack Extreme Adventure Course is the United States’ largest AERIAL tree top adventure park. It is located just off of the Northway (I 87). One exit and just 15 minutes from the Merrill Magee Inn. The eco friendly course provides over 1.5 miles of thrilling aerial adventures. It offers treetop experiences that rekindle childhood memories of climbing in trees. Light aerial structures link tree to tree in perfect harmony with the environment. This provides stunning bird’s eye views over beautiful landscapes. Visitors challenge themselves and are rewarded with adrenaline rushes in a safe and fun way.
The course is open April through November. It is set on several acres of beautiful Adirondack Mountains forest land, in the Town of Bolton Landing, NY. There are many obstacles offered on the five adult courses. Obstacles feature cable bridges, tarzan swings, ladders, zip lines, and more. This allows you to choose your own adventure and skill level. Your experience can be easy or the ultimate physical and personal challenge.
The Adirondack Extreme Adventure Course is a perfect get away no matter what your age or ability. It’s perfect for kids, teens and adults. Ideal for Adirondack Park visitors, recreation centers, and corporate outings. The skill level and height off the ground change as you advance through each course. All courses are optional and you can stop at any time. There are professional staff located throughout the facility to observe and assist. You are attached to the guide lines for safety.
The skill level and height of each course is marked using a color coded system. This system indicates the challenge based on elevation and difficulty. All five courses can be completed in approximately three to four hours.
- Green (Discovery). This is where you feel at ease with the gear, apparatus, and the tempo of advancing through each obstacle. (Minimum Elevation/Minimum Skill).
- Blue (Sensation). Childhood memories of swinging on ropes and climbing trees comes back to you. For many, the physical skills return from being dormant all those years. (Medium Elevation/Medium Skill).
- Silver (Adrenaline). Incorporates 17 elements including a zip line that is 350 feet long. (Advanced Elevation/Medium Skill).
- Pink (Motivation). You go even higher into the tree canopy. This course motivates you through a variety of wobbly obstacles. This course makes use of the ultimate in focus and fitness. (Medium Elevation/Medium Skill).
- Red (Emotion). Here you ascend higher into the trees. Balance becomes more difficult while you cross wobbly bridges and swinging surprises. This circuit can really challenge you mentally and physically. (Advanced Elevation/Advanced Skill).
The Merrill Magee Inn endeavors to be a green facility that respects both the history and natural beauty of the Adirondack Mountains. The environmentally friendly Adirondack Extreme Adventure Course is a perfect match for the Park. We are thrilled with their success and to have them in our neighborhood. If you are looking for a comfortable place to stay while visiting the Adirondack Extreme Adventure Course – give us a call!